Blog & Podcast

The aim of this space is to discuss the issues that we face as a community with an eye toward advocacy.

Those wishing to contribute should email laura@childfreenews.com .

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Cafeteria Plans Project Launches -

Visit the new website for the first project - workplace equality.

Now here is where you come in - what do you think about cafateria plans? Is equality of benefits something the childfree should be working for? Does your company offer them - are you even 'out' as a childfree person at work? Comment on this post to weigh in.

As always, the offer below stands - you are welcome to participate in the equal pay project as much as you like in whatever form you see fit. We are also looking for contributors to this blog as it concerns this and future projects of Childfree Issues.

Thank you!
Laura Ciaccio

Technorati Tag:

5 comments:

Kugel said...

I can't wait for cafeteria-style cable TV service, but that's a whole 'nother issue.

Or maybe it is related! After all, how many childfree people like me are stuck with Disney channel, cartoon network and a bunch of crappy channels they'll never watch?

Anonymous said...

Its a hard stand to take when if you work in the lower echelons companies are making it every harder to get any healthcare benefits.

Anonymous said...

Actually I don't have a lot of disparity from the dhilded where I work, just a lot of funny looks. One bennifit is that the parent types always need time off to take their kid to the whatever and I usually work for them for overtime pay. I actually gain from working with parents!


roger

Anonymous said...

The problem I have is that where I work, only management gets a cafeteria plan. We lowly worker-types are stuck with whatever scraps they leave us. It's the same in most every industry, management (especially upper management) keeps giving themselves more and more compensation and benefits and when it comes time to tighten the belt, it's those who actually do the work who get the shaft. I'd love to quit subsidising my co-workers' children's insurance and maybe be able to pocket the extra. Instead, I'm stuck with less compensation because I've chosen not to procreate.

Todd Grant

Anonymous said...

I would love to see a cafeteria plan here at work but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Because of my childfree status I don't use even a quarter of my sick days. If those could be traded out for vacation days I would be incredibly happy. And I'm just too honest to call in sick for vacation. Many of my coworkers parents use all of their sick leave plus vacation leave and then are still gone. Nothing like covering the slack.