Blog & Podcast

The aim of this space is to discuss the issues that we face as a community with an eye toward advocacy.

Those wishing to contribute should email laura@childfreenews.com .

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Bush's budget proposal would cut the childless from Medicaid bennies.

Hill Democrats Critical Of Bush's Budget Plan

So far, all I have is one line buried in a generally critical article of the entire budget proposal:
Democrats also panned the president's proposals to stop enrolling childless adults in the program . . .
We all know that defending the rights of the childless is not high on the agenda of either party, so this provision is likely to receive little attention. If anyone knows more about this, please let me know. In the meantime, I'll continue to dig for details.

Technorati Tag:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,

This is really shocking.

When you find more info, would you mind if I post this on the Childfree and Loving It group page on MySpace? We have lots of active members and I'm sure they''d be v. interested in this information...

Stephanie

L.T. said...

You are always free to repost the information. I'd appreciate a link, but technically info isn't copyrightable, so reposting it (without copying the form of expression) gives a blogger no say-so and no right to quid pro quo.

Sigh.. living up to my name.